Wednesday, December 19, 2018

ONW Now 

This was by far my favorite project I've had in video. This was what all of our other small feature news stories have allowed us to build up to. I've been watching ONW Now since I was an incoming freshman browsing youtube in attempt to learn some things about my future school. The process to making this piece wasn't at all how I anticipated it. Though I wasn't working on a feature piece, I still thought our class did a great job choosing topics that were relevant to our viewers attention. The laptops for example are a great way to keep students attention. As for the actual filming process, I didn't realize how many people were actually needed to shoot ONW Now. I was working audio which is just adjusting mics and muting the anchors when needed, but it actually was a somewhat stressful job. There was an abundance of people in the filming room and the back room where all the magic happened had even more people. My specific role in this production was word from the halls, even though this wasn't what I originally wanted to do it turned out to be a lot more fun than I anticipated. Our team got really festive with some Christmas onesies when we hit the halls! It was kind of embarrassing but I had Holly McCormick alongside me to make me look slightly less crazy. Overall, I really  am proud of our class. I feel we all put forth our best effort and I am excited to see our final product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Final Blog Post Short Film Click here to watch my short film! This process took about 4 weeks to do including Pre-Productio...