Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Sophomore Graphic Design Final


One of my favorite graphic design projects was the Color Font Typography. I have personally always loved fonts and calligraphy so this project was very fun for me to brainstorm and create. It personally took me a while to learn how to manuever the words, so I had to make a lot of them in different text boxes to get the font the way I really wanted it to be displayed. My teacher gave me constructive criticism and said I should add more smaller bees and when I did that I really liked the outcome of it. Personally I really love the quotes I chose and used.

One of my other favorite projects was the concert branding. I felt my Vector portrait of Post Malone was my strongest piece all year. I loved this project because this is when I started feeling confident in my skills enough to venture out and do something super creative. I asked for my peers opinion of what color his shirt should be depending on the rest of the poster. Personally, I feel like my poster wasn't very good, however I loved my vector.





I also had loads of fun creating my infographic and the beginning of the semester. This was at the first project I felt that we had this amount of freedom with and I think it turned out decently well. I had so much fun sketching this and making all of my own original graphics. My teacher recommended that I add a boarder or embellishment and I think its makes my piece that much stronger. I also had my peers help me a bit for what color the background should be.


I felt that I was fairly productive with the class time given. I always finished my assignments on time and if I ever had time left I would mess around with different designs or colors and make small tweaks and changes. I would ask my peers and my teacher for their thoughts on how I could improve things. Outside of class I notice myself focusing on logos and graphics and wonder if I could be capable of creating something like that and what tools they might've possibly used.


It is wild to think that a year ago I was doing a final learning how to code a website. Let's just say I am very glad that I chose to stick with video and graphic design strands. I feel like my strengths are definitely in pre production sketches and vector. I absolutely adored making my dog a digital creation and I hope in the future I can make more Vector Illustrations!

I think I mostly need to work on not losing hope with projects. A lot of times I get discouraged when I compare my work to some of my very talented peers. Once I let go of that hope It is hard to be proud of the work I am producing, so next year I hope to not compare my work to others. Also maybe staying a bit more on task and not talking quite as much.

Honestly, I loved this class as a whole. The environment and the people in 4th hour graphic design never failed to put a smile on my face. The one thing I can say is I think a bit more guidance in the beginning of the year would've been helpful. I understand it was Mrs. Beaudion's first year here and I think she did a phenomenal job, but I believe if more support and clear instructions were given on the beginning assignments I would've been able to thrive in this class earlier rather than just being abruptly thrown into it. My goal is to be confident in my work and stop comparing it to others. I need to develop my own unique style without the influence of others creative minds. Over all, I feel that this was a very successful year and I cannot wait to see what ways I can grow junior and senior year.






















No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Final Blog Post Short Film Click here to watch my short film! This process took about 4 weeks to do including Pre-Productio...