Thursday, May 23, 2019



  1. Video Final Blog Post

    Short Film

    Click here to watch my short film!

    This process took about 4 weeks to do including Pre-Production, a week for filming, and then a week for editing. The only major problems we faced in our piece was a lot of our crew being busy to prior commitments, and our actors lacking availability. I learned as a director you need to be a little more stern and less focused on getting your crew to like you. We got a lot of feedback on our continuity errors, which was inevitable due to some circumstances that came up. 
We had to change the amount of clips we had due to our cast members having to leave at certain times. Pre-Production went amazing and I think the storyline was good and the piece had loads of potential, however the actual production didn't do it justice.

    Classtime

    I believe I mostly used my class time efficiently. There was always times in this class everyone would get off tased, however, I always made sure my work was done and completed on time. I usually didn't finish early but if I did I would always rewatch my work and see if there was anything else I could add to enhance my work. Outside of class I always watch television and movies and observe the shot sizes. I would also analyze the plot and think of the script writers. 

    Strengths 

    I feel like my strengths are more in the creative aspect in film. Thinking of the story and plot, planning locations and planning the innovative shot sizes. I also am decently strong in Post Production editing. I can maximize my strengths by just working hard in these positions I know I thrive in.

     Weakness 

    I am weaker when working behind the camera. I didn't want my lack of ability to come up in my piece so I took some time out of school to work with a bit of photography so I could gain a better idea of white balance, aperture, and other camera functions that would ultimately better my abilities behind a camera.

    Summary

    My favorite thing about the semester was probably the music video. I had a lot of fun being able to create that montage and I think it turned out the best out of everything I did second semester. If I could change one thing it would be doing a larger variety of rolls within this semester. I am so excited to continue my video future in convergence next year because my favorite thing out of the entirety of the year was our ONW now sophomore edition. I have loved getting to spend the last 2 years with Mrs. Zimmerli and it really won't be the same without her. 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Video Final Blog Post Short Film Click here to watch my short film! This process took about 4 weeks to do including Pre-Productio...